Large Service Management Companies

Tell us what other categories you'd like to see on the Forum.

Moderators: Dwan, Karl Stauty, Tom_in_CA

hughesco
Anti-Spam Number: 3

Large Service Management Companies

Postby hughesco » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:07 pm

Discussion dealing with the take-over of services of many properties by large service management companies such as USM - SERVICE CHANNEL - SPRINGWISE - etc. and the red tape involved when working with these groups.

Dwan
Forum Administrator
Anti-Spam Number: 1

Re: Large Service Management Companies

Postby Dwan » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:17 am

I have had dealings with them.
I know what it takes for my co. to make a profit.
When approached by any of them I let them know up front what I charge and if they are good with that then we will talk about the red tape. The last one that contacted me was good with my price and sent me a 14 page contract to look over. I red lined anything I did not like and sent back 2 pages. They looked it over and we finally settled on a 3 page contract. In my version of the contract, as they were not licensed in my state to work they had to pay me a retainer which was about 1 months work in advance. I accepted there discount of 5% for payments received within 10 days of billing in exchange for a line item on my invoices for administrating fees. I also stated in my contract that only 1 of there employs was assigned to contract me. I was to have no dealings with anyone else in there co. In the end I made good money for 1 year but it was 1 year only as they did not like having someone else telling them how it was to be done. If I was to do it over I would up my pricing 200% just to deal with the BS.

andy789

Postby andy789 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:24 pm

Thank you for sharing to us.there are many person searching about that now they will find enough resources by your post.I would like to join your forum anyway so please continue sharing with us

andy789

Postby andy789 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:25 pm

I really like your way of expressing the opinion and sharing the information.

Return to “Nominate New Categories”