Broom Bear Question

Discussion Forum for Elgin sweepers. Moderated by Brian Giles, Elgin Sweepers.

Moderators: Dwan, dave

rssweep

Broom Bear Question

Post by rssweep » Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:43 am

:?: Can anybody tell me what is wrong with my broom bear?Ijust bought it and am not that well versed in it yet.When I turn on the left gutter broom sometimes it just spins and does not come down.I hear air blowing out at the switch when this happens.With the price elgin charges for parts I hate to start throwing parts at this thing with out knowing it's going to fix it.
Scott

bestwatertruck
Anti-Spam Number: 1

Post by bestwatertruck » Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:22 am

You need to be turning the air pressure knob on the console--on your right side if you are in the left seat, or you have a broken air line going to the switch

rssweep

Broom Bear Question

Post by rssweep » Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:16 am

I do turn the air pressure nob up and down and it does not do anything to fix the problem.And I hate to be a smart ass but it does not matter which seat I'm in my right is still on my right and my left is still on my left.
Scott

Breezy
Anti-Spam Number: 1

Post by Breezy » Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:13 am

Your best bet is to call your rep. if its still under warrenty get them out to fix it. Otherwise you just need to hunt down the leak! Most of the air lines should be the "push pull" type and rather easy to fix. We have had a ton of air leak problems with these units.
Not to mention the gutterbrooms air ram (to raise and lower) going bad. Poor design. Try replacing them with the older square type used on the Athey sweepers.

Return to “Elgin”