Single-Engine vs. Twin-Engine vs. Tow-Behinds

Moderators: Dwan, Karl Stauty, Tom_in_CA

To maximize chances of parking lot sweeping success, what's the best 1st sweeper?

Twin-engine
60%
Single-engine
40%
Tow-behind
No votes
Trailer transported sweeper
No votes

Total votes: 5

ranger
Site Admin

Single-Engine vs. Twin-Engine vs. Tow-Behinds

Post by ranger » Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:31 am

The ways that parking lots are being cleaned appears to be changing.

With the rise in fuel costs, along with improvements and competition in the single-engine sweeper market, there appears to be an increase in market share for single-engine sweepers.

Tow-Vac's pull-behind sweeper seems to be gaining ground as a result of the rise in fuel prices, too. This may also mean that small sweepers that have to be transported via trailer are becoming a more viable startup option, too.

Historically, the advantage of twin-engine machines is they have more power, and pick up better in wet conditions. The advantages of the other types include lower initial cost to purchase and lower cost of operation.

What do you think the best type of sweeper to start a parking area sweeping business with is today? Is parking lot sweeping becoming a different business than it was five or ten years ago?

Ranger Kidwell-Ross, editor

My Job Sucks
Anti-Spam Number: 1

Post by My Job Sucks » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:53 pm

I like my Skavinjer. It is mounted on a 1/2ton GMC chassis with the 4.3v-6 engine. Fuel efficient, maneuverable, and does a nice job. Seems like a good starting point for many reasons. It is also half the price of a big Isuzu sweeper unit. Just my opinion. Maybe I will need a bigger unit down the road, but I plan on adding more Skavinjers until I find something better. We also use a tow behind unit which got me started and is still used 4 nights/week. Not as good, but paid for and bringing in money. To start out in the business I like the Tow-vac or Skavinjer. I looked into the tow-vac before I started and they seem nice for fuel reasons.

TheRoadCleaners
Anti-Spam Number: 3

Re: Single-Engine vs. Twin-Engine vs. Tow-Behinds

Post by TheRoadCleaners » Tue May 01, 2012 2:54 am

I will go with the Twin-Engine because of its strong feature set and outstanding power. When we compare it with other sweeper engine you come to know that it is very adjustable to any parking area sweeper in any states marketplace.

Return to “Air Sweepers”