Air Sweepers Costs

Moderators: Dwan, Karl Stauty, Tom_in_CA

chrimoha
Anti-Spam Number: 1

Air Sweepers Costs

Post by chrimoha » Wed May 16, 2007 10:11 am

To Members of World Sweepers:

I'm part of Stormwater Runoff Management Team in the City of San Jose.
One of the stormwater products recommended for treatment of rainfall runoff is porous concrete.

Unfortunately, at City, our maintenance group, aka General Services, doesn't have a Vacuum Truck to clean porous concrete.
Therefore, I would like to know air sweeper's (aka vacuum Truck) cost.
or how much it costs to rent one out to clean porous concrete pavements?
I would also, like to know the costs of vactor trucks (the ones used to clean clogged storm inlets)

Do you guys have any idea?
any response is much appreciated.

Sincerely,

Christine Mohanna
Engineer II
Urban Runoff Section
Environmental Services Department
170 W. San Carlos St.
San Jose, CA 95113
(408) 277-5638

Karl Stauty
Forum Administrator

Post by Karl Stauty » Thu May 17, 2007 5:44 am

Christine,
I am located on the east coast, we have a few projects that have used porous concrete to manage thier strom water run-off. Most of these locations have us (I am a sweeping contractor) under contract to sweep these areas once per month with a regenative air sweeper to insure that the pores in the concrete remain open so the water can penatrate through.

If your city does'nt have the need of owning a street sweeper I would contract out these services. Contractors will provide the services at any frequency that you my see fit. Or you can hire by the hour or day.

As far as cost to provide services this varies through out the country. A sweeping contractor will be your best all around solution to professonaly provide the services that you require.

Vactor trucks cost in the $150 to $180,000.00 range to purchase, there are contractors that will also provide this service for you.

chrimoha

I Need Contact Info for Air Sweeping Contractors

Post by chrimoha » Thu May 17, 2007 8:58 am

Karl,
Thank you for replying.
May I know the name of your company?
I have to provide our Genenral Services with your name and phone number so they can call you.
Also, how much is it to contract the sweeping with your company?
Thank you!

Christine Mohanna
Engineer II
Urban Runoff Section
Environmental Services Department
170 W. San Carlos St.
San Jose, CA 95113
(408) 277-5638

TheRoadCleaners
Anti-Spam Number: 3

Re: Air Sweepers Costs

Post by TheRoadCleaners » Tue May 01, 2012 2:43 am

Hey thanks for the info. I will surely get back to you.

Tom_in_CA
Forum Administrator

Post by Tom_in_CA » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:43 am

Yup :) Welcome to the forum black-cap.

Some cities have done that. But .... the competition is so fierce, that the private market often doesn't end up being very profitable in city municipal sweeping. Invariably, the companies to get awarded the bid, will "fly through" as fast as possible, to stay within their projected hours/budgets. And the cities ......... so long as the results aren't atrocious, don't seem to care.

I've heard of some private vendors who literaly skip all sorts of their routes, and never get caught. Because let's face it: there isn't often someone out there to gripe, or watch, etc... Eventually a street gets so bad, that a resident complains. The complaint is forwarded to the vendor. Who will ONLY THEN go out and sweep the street in question.

And you'd think with knowledge like this, that if the city found out, they'd can the vendor, right ? But nnnneeeeooohhh: Any such whistle blowing or alerting is merely seen as "sour grapes" by the vendor who didn't get the bid.

Oh well.

Protect Environment
Anti-Spam Number: 3

Post by Protect Environment » Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:22 am

Dear Christine Mohanna,

I have a recommendation for you toward air sweepers cost. The source I am going to recommend you provides not only the air sweepers service but also gives you other information free of cost to keep your city, street, municipal, ocean, beach, air, road clean and free of pollution. Here is air sweeper information. You may also want to know about regenerative air sweeper. You may also contact stormwater runoff services to manage storm and rain water runoff pollution.
For all kinds of information regarding Road Sweeping, Highway sweeping, Airport Sweeping, Citywide Sweeping, City Cleaning, Street Cleaning, Waste Management, Solution to Ocean Pollution, Beach Pollution, Air Pollution I recommend everyone this sweeping solutions.

Return to “Air Sweepers”