Which broom/conveyor sweeper

Moderators: Dwan, Karl Stauty, Tom_in_CA

sweeper6280
Anti-Spam Number: 3

Which broom/conveyor sweeper

Postby sweeper6280 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:23 am

Hi Guys
Looking to import a broom/conveyor type sweeper to Australia from US.
None of our local suppliers do this type of sweeper.

We wont have any manufacturer back up so looking for some thing easy to maintain with local engineering shops and major suppliers - Hydraulics, engine, truck body etc.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Regards Nathan

Tom_in_CA
Forum Administrator
Anti-Spam Number: 1

Re: Which broom/conveyor sweeper

Postby Tom_in_CA » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:13 am

The popular ones in the USA now are: Broom Bear by Elgin, M6000 by Schwarze, and Road Wizard by Elgin.

IMHO the "least complicated" is the Broom bear. The Road wizard will have the most "balls" . Eg.: For going through heavy piles, since it's twin engines.

I can't say any of them are going to be "easy to maintain". Since, by definition, they will have oodles of moving parts, chains, flights, fickle adjustments, etc.... The parts to maintain are probably very akin to agriculture/tractor type parts. Ie.: bearings, elevator parts, etc.....

I would imagine that Elgin or Schwarze should be able to somehow export one to Australia. Google them for their contact info, then get ahold of a sales rep. And it seems to me that even if they don't have a distributor for Australia, that *certainly* someone could get off their duff, and figure out the shipping via the ships that transport autos and equipment. Would just take some custom coordination, but I can't see why it couldn't be done.

As for training to operate and maintain it, I would suggest flying one of your people out to wherever someone uses one, to get the guy a day's training and primer from a company that uses one. Eg.: broom adjustments, trips/tricks, etc..... Because there is no amount of text book knowledge reading in print that can convey things that are better shown-in-person. If you know what I mean.

Return to “Broom Sweepers”