1982 600 help

This forum is moderated by Tom Rokas, Regional Sales Manager with TYMCO.

Moderators: Dwan, Tom_in_CA

comsweep
Anti-Spam Number: 1

1982 600 help

Postby comsweep » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:32 pm

I have an older 600 that has sat in our shop for about 8 years. I'm starting to try to get it running. But, when it comes to running the sweeper part, I have no clue. I need information on the controls and also about changing rubber and so on. Also if anyone can tell me what kind of work this unit can do. I'm thinking of using it for roads and constuction. It on a Ford 600 chassis. It was originally a City of Reno truck. Thanks for any help or information.

ARome70

600 Help

Postby ARome70 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:03 pm

If you let me know what type of help do you need with the controls I may be able to help.
When it comes to replacing your curtains always make sure that the threaded part of the curtains face the rear of the truck other wise they WILL wear out a lot faster then normal.

Anthony
www.grasseyequipment.com
A sweeper is only as good as it's operator

comsweep

600 Help

Postby comsweep » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:48 pm

Thanks for telling me about the rubber. I didn't know that. About the controls. Can I run with both brooms down if I rebuild it to factory, or should I modify it so that I can run with both brooms down? It really help when doing roads. Is there anything I should be looking for in the head adjustment? Is there a place that I might be able to find a manual for this old beast? I need to find out about all the adjustments and so on.

Thanks,

Robert

Return to “TYMCO”