Elgin NP Street Sweeper

Your moderator is Brian Giles, of Elgin.

Moderators: Dwan, Tom_in_CA

sweepnict

Elgin NP Street Sweeper

Postby sweepnict » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:04 pm

I was wanting to know if anyone else out there now has a NP sweeper? Rather it be city owend or private contractor. I would like to trade info back and fourth over problems and what you have done to fix them or any "adjustments" that have been done to help elinmate any problems. As with any sweeper design comes new bugs. But if you do have a NP sweeper and have had issues with items fixed or ongoing please post so that we could excahnge info. Thanks.....

Dwan
Forum Administrator
Anti-Spam Number: 1

Re: Elgin NP Street Sweeper

Postby Dwan » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:03 pm

When you say NP sweeper do you meen a Elgin P Model - Hydraulic Pelican?

sweepnict

Postby sweepnict » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:09 pm

Dwan wrote:When you say NP sweeper do you meen a Elgin P Model - Hydraulic Pelican?

Yes but no. We was explained the new models was the NP but after a brief check up on the Elgin website they list it as a Pelican. Although the model numbers stamed on the side still refer to NP0000D. I am use to calling the sweepers NP meaning New Pelican. Sorry for the confusion.

Dwan
Forum Administrator
Anti-Spam Number: 1

Postby Dwan » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:50 pm

Thanks for clearing that up. I also would like to know what everyone thinks of the newer Pelicans. both the "P" series and the "S" series. If they are anything like the older Pelicans I think they would be a good machine. Service would be an important issue along with reliability.

Return to “Elgin (Federal Signal)”