Question about the Pelican

Your moderator is Brian Giles, of Elgin.

Moderators: Dwan, Tom_in_CA

DMD3

Question about the Pelican

Postby DMD3 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:09 pm

Years back we had a 1995 Elgin Pelican that we used for the city. It picked up great, but one main problem we had with it was the dust. Even with the windows closed, it would always get bad dusty inside of the cab. (To the point where eventually you had to get out and take a break or else your sinuses would drive you insane)

Are the newer model Pelicans better insulated?

Dwan
Forum Administrator
Anti-Spam Number: 1

Postby Dwan » Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:03 pm

They are better sealed aginst dust but in the older ones without adding water to your sweepings for dust control it was almost imposable to live in the cab. I always thought water dust supreasion was standard on all pelicans. I gues the newer ones will sweep without water and without making dust. There must be a vacume/filter system on them.
I have a older (early 60's) pelican that the water tank has several holes in it so it does not hold water for very long but living in a rain forest area mother nature helps me keep the dust down.
I do like sweeping durning a light rain.

Dwan

DMD3

Postby DMD3 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:00 pm

It had a water system on it, and altough I'm not positive, I think it was used.

Just sitting in the cab without even running it will get your sinuses all stirred up.

bgiles
Anti-Spam Number: 1

Pelican cab dust

Postby bgiles » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:12 pm

Great news! The new pelican cab is completly sealed and is more pressurized and air is filtered whenever the fan is on even if it's being recirculated. For older models. the key is plenty of of dust control water.

Return to “Elgin (Federal Signal)”