Green power electric sweeper

Moderators: Dwan, Karl Stauty, Tom_in_CA, nitehawk

Rocketee

Green power electric sweeper

Postby Rocketee » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:45 pm

I have been in the sweeping business for over 25 years and am impressed with the new electric powered motors now offered for sweeping trucks, however, the price is too high for me to consider this option. I can buy 8 engines for the cost of the new electric power unit and our engines last from 6,000 - 8,000 hours. One engine will typically last the life of the sweeper.The small Robin/Suburu and Kohler engines are now offered with electronic fuel injection which decrease the engine's fuel consumption and claim to extend the life of the engine. Our fuel costs and maintenance are very low with these small engines but I do like the idea of going 'green' and having little maintenance. The cost , in my view, is not justified as parking lot cleaning in my area is less than profitable - this 'cool' new electric power would not reduce my overhead, it would increase it.
Parking lot sweeping trucks should be made like bicyles. There are no Bicycle companies anymore, there are only bicycle frame companies - everything else on bikes is manufactured by another company who specialize in one or more components like the seats, brakes, pedals, shifters, gears, handle bars, etc. Why not build sweepers like this? The search for the perfect parking lot sweeper goes on.
rhodesweeping

TheRoadCleaners
Anti-Spam Number: 3

Re: Green power electric sweeper

Postby TheRoadCleaners » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:53 am

Very True. totally agree with you.

Return to “Parking Area Sweepers”