Starting a parking lot sweeping business

If it didn't fit elsewhere, here's the spot. Or, suggest a new forum using the link at the top of the forum page.

Moderators: Dwan, Karl Stauty, Tom_in_CA

Eddie Meadows
Anti-Spam Number: 3

Starting a parking lot sweeping business

Postby Eddie Meadows » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:00 pm

I am wanting to start a sweeping business but don't know where to start. Do i try and find business first, and if so how do i do that ? Or do I buy my equipment and then try and find business.

Tom_in_CA
Forum Administrator
Anti-Spam Number: 1

Re: Starting a parking lot sweeping business

Postby Tom_in_CA » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:20 pm

Seems to me you're going to have to have the ability to perform (ie.: "have the equiment") first, and THEN go hang out your shingle. Because the psychology of it is, that if you're soliciting based on future capability (and have no real ability right then, as you speak), you're going to have a real hard time getting those fish to bite. For example: What if a property with a parking lot says "great, I like your bid. Start tomorrow please". Are you really going to be able to scramble that fast? No. Of course not.

So I realize it's a "catch 22", but .......... so be it :(

shelby8

Postby shelby8 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:59 pm

Last year we replaced the transmission, the deck engine, new blower fan and housing rubber. This truck is old but still sweeps very strong. Also selling 2006 SCHWARZE 333.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trumpet Wedding Dresses|New Style Wedding Dresses|Wedding Dresses with Sleeves|New Style Flower Girl Dresses

TheRoadCleaners

Postby TheRoadCleaners » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:47 pm

Starting a parking lot sweeping business can give you liberty from a job and boss. Parking lot sweeper businesses normally need a large commercial truck, but you can begin the business with only a personal pickup truck.

Return to “General/Other”