Starting up a Street Sweeping Business

If it didn't fit elsewhere, here's the spot. Or, suggest a new forum using the link at the top of the forum page.

Moderators: Dwan, Karl Stauty, Tom_in_CA

SpoonMan

Starting up a Street Sweeping Business

Postby SpoonMan » Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:10 pm

Hi, I am considering getting into Street Sweeping and I am looking for some advice.
I would primarily use it for streets, tracking out of job sites and in subdivisions.

1) What brand of Street Sweeper do you reccomend?
(From what I've learned Mobils are out because parts are way overpriced.)

I've been reading good things about the Shwarze M6000's and the Johnston 4000's and the Elgin Broombear.

Anyways, some feedback on these sweepers, and others, would be appreciated.

2) I would also like to know about insurance, and how much coverage is necessary. ALso are there any companies reccomended?
Any information would be appreciated.

That is all for now. I suppose I will have more questions.
Thanks.

ranger
Site Admin

Street Sweeping Overview Info

Postby ranger » Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:09 pm

Take a look at all the articles in our 'Parking Area Sweeping' main subsection. You'll find them under 'Street Sweeping Intro' in the TOC.

All the machines you mention are good competitors, however without a contract for a particular type of sweeping it's hard to know what to recommend specifically. However, those are all rugged machines designed to do the work you describe; from there, it's often personal preference.

You'll also be well served by generally reviewing the articles in our Street Sweeping main subsection, as well. If I can help personally, just let me know.

-Ranger Kidwell-Ross, editor

Return to “General/Other”