how much to charge per hour?

If it didn't fit elsewhere, here's the spot. Or, suggest a new forum using the link at the top of the forum page.

Moderators: Dwan, Karl Stauty, Tom_in_CA

tylersweep
Anti-Spam Number: 1

how much to charge per hour?

Postby tylersweep » Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:48 pm

i am brand new at this, but have been working for another company for about a year doing some street sweeping in a tymco 435, i would like to purchase a new one and branch out on my own, and am going to talk to different builders and write up conditional contracts if agreed on whether or not a buy this new sweeper but my only problem is i don't have any clue how much to charge. when trying to go out on your own and become competition with your boss, you're not real quick to ask him how much he charges to sweep neighborhoods. any input would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

Tom_in_CA
Forum Administrator
Anti-Spam Number: 1

answer

Postby Tom_in_CA » Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:28 am

depends on the area of the country you are in. I guess depending on the cost of living in your state, and the amount of competition in your specific area.

Here in my part of CA, full-sized construction oriented street sweeping fetches from $100-ish to $150-ish per hour. If you are talking about municipal street sweeping bids, (price per curb-mile), figure that you can probably cover 3 to 4 miles MAX per hour, and just do the math, to fit that into your hourly rate, which you hope to make. Ie.: if you think you can do 3 curb miles per hour, and want to make $120 p/h, then you would bid $40 per mile. Other factors are: do they provide a dump spot? How far away is it? Do they provide water? Do you have to pay prevailing wages? etc....

Protect Environment
Anti-Spam Number: 3

Re: how much to charge per hour?

Postby Protect Environment » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:21 pm

Hello,
You can contact various sweeping companies to get idea and bids about your requirements. I can suggest you contact R F Dickson Sweeping for municipal street sweeping services and information. You can also search for other sweeping companies that offer best to you.
Best of luck!!

Return to “General/Other”