Biodiesel

If it didn't fit elsewhere, here's the spot. Or, suggest a new forum using the link at the top of the forum page.

Moderators: Dwan, Karl Stauty, Tom_in_CA

pOliva
Anti-Spam Number: 1

Biodiesel

Postby pOliva » Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:05 pm

Biodiesel has been intresting to me for some time now. Im wondering if anyone has been using biodiesel in any of there trucks or equipment? I would like to use it and possibly make it. I have a schwarze 348i, can I just fill the tank with the stuff without any ill effects or any modifications? Also how easy or hard is it to make it on my own, is there any recipe to follow and kits that anyone recommends? Thanks any help is appreciated.

comsweep

BioDiesel

Postby comsweep » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:12 pm

We've been looking in to it also. We found a kit that sells locally for around 8000.00. About the only modifications I have heard about is to make sure you change your feul filters more often as the BioDiesel will help clean out the garbage, in more ways than 1. :D

Karl Stauty
Forum Administrator

Postby Karl Stauty » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:59 am

I suggest that you purchase Ranger's book "The Rise Of Biodiesel" it is very informative and a great read. You can purchase it from the home page of World sweeper!

linatonxa
Anti-Spam Number: 3

Re: Biodiesel

Postby linatonxa » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:28 pm

I checked on mapquest for stations that produce alternative fuels and I only found one station in south florida that carries biodiesel fuel. That particular station is far from where I live, so how can we get one in our area? Also, do cars need any modifications for this alternative fuel?

Return to “General/Other”