Street sweeper for New Neighborhood- Muddy Conditions

Moderators: Dwan, Karl Stauty, Tom_in_CA

Wes

Street sweeper for New Neighborhood- Muddy Conditions

Postby Wes » Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:31 pm

I am developing a couple of subdivisions in Baton Rouge, LA and wanted to know if anyone had any ideas on a sweeper that would be ideal for cleaning/clearing the muddy roads in the subdivisions. If at all possible, I would like a sweeper that is powered by PTO on a tractor or if I need to get a driven unit, one that is under $25000.

SweptAway
Anti-Spam Number: 1

Sweeping a muddy development road

Postby SweptAway » Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:53 pm

Wes,
You ask about a sweeper for the muddy roads in a development, then you also mention that you're the developer and that you're considering a tractor-mounted PTO-driven sweeper. There's something else you might want to try that might be just the thing for you.

If you go to the Bobcat website (bobcat.com) you'll see that they offer a front-mounted sweeper for the Bobcat skid-steer loaders, 4-wheel steer loaders, and multi-use vehicles (the Toolcat). These sweepers use a rotating broom to sweep the debris into a hopper, an optional curb broom for scrubbing, and a carbide cutting edge (for scraping the mud) that is built right into the sweeper attachment. The attachment mounts and dismounts easily (the mechanism that attaches it to the Bobcat takes only seconds to do, and the brooms are powered by the Bobcat's hydraulic system. I believe they are available in several sizes up to 72" wide. Plus, as a contractor, I'm sure you'll have plenty of uses for the Bobcat when you're not sweeping with it.

Good luck!

Wes

Thanks for Bobcat suggestion

Postby Wes » Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:53 am

I will check it out- it sounds like it might be perfect- do you know the price off hand?

Dwan
Forum Administrator

Postby Dwan » Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:17 pm

Used from a rental fleet around $15k new from Bobcat with forks, bucket, sweeper atchment around $35 to 40K depending on the size you want.
If your requirement is just once in a while you could rent one or higher a local sweeping co. and not have the large investment.

Karl Stauty
Forum Administrator

Postby Karl Stauty » Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:28 am

Your local sweeping contractor in your area is Clean Sweep, located in Baker, La.
www.cleansweeponline.com

woodlawn

Truck

Postby woodlawn » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:56 pm

I have a 1991 Elgin Premier Whirlwind in Baton Rouge which I am looking to sell. Asking $15,000.

Tom_in_CA
Forum Administrator

Re: Street sweeper for New Neighborhood- Muddy Conditions

Postby Tom_in_CA » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:15 am

hey lerbon 123, if you care to talk about sweepers, fine. But if all you want to do is post some cut-&-paste sweeper jargon, in hopes that someone will click on your links, .... no, those links will be deleted.

Return to “Street Sweepers”