Proper Head Adjustment

Discussion Forum for Schwarze sweepers. Not yet moderated.

Moderators: dave, Dwan

Harry Frisby
Anti-Spam Number: 1

Proper Head Adjustment

Postby Harry Frisby » Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:09 am

Anyone have any tips on proper head adjustments? Seem's my guys are burning up dirt shoes every 6 months. Sweeper is A7000.

Tom_in_CA
Forum Administrator

Postby Tom_in_CA » Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:24 am

Harry,

I don't personally use Shwarze here, but if they are anything like the Tymco's, here's what we do: To keep the carbide drag shoes from wearing down too fast, we adjust the spring tension to all just enough weight that it sits on the ground under its own weight, but light enough that you can still lift it with one hand.

If the Shwarze is like the Mr Air though, it will have just chains and drag bars, no springs. That means all the weight is on those carbide drag shoes. Since Tymco heads are much heavier (d/t the way they make the blast chamber stuff), they needed a system with springs, to keep all the weight from being on those skids. If Shwarze doesn't have that system, it probably wouldn't be too hard to design that by yourself. Check out some Tymco pix, and zoom in on the spring support system, and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Karl Stauty
Forum Administrator

Postby Karl Stauty » Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:56 pm

How many hours / miles are you running the unit in a six month time frame?

The A-7000 does have springs that are made to support the weight of the complete sweep head so the drag shoes are not carring all the weight of the unit.

The sweep head by design is made to "float" upon the surface. Each side of the sweep head should have a certain amount of weight required to hold contact with the surface, but not so much that the total weight of the sweep head is resting upon the drag shoes.

TheRoadCleaners
Anti-Spam Number: 3

Re: Proper Head Adjustment

Postby TheRoadCleaners » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:29 am

Schwarze Industries has been dedicated to providing an extraordinary level of customer support from past 30 years in the street sweeping business. I used their services once and I'm very satisfied customer.

Return to “Schwarze”