Clueless person needs parking lot sweeper [I think]

Basic info about where you are and how the Discussion Forum works.

Moderators: Dwan, Karl Stauty, Tom_in_CA

donander
Anti-Spam Number: 1

Clueless person needs parking lot sweeper [I think]

Post by donander » Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:42 pm

Hello all you sweeper fanatics! I have recently acquired an RV park or campground if you will. The previous operator apparently had an endless amount of free time on his hand and apparently walked every square foot, everyday with a broom and one of those dust pans on a stick [we use to call it "playing Disneyland"] and accordingly had no need for other arrangements to keep the asphalt driveways and concrete parking site pads clear of he not occasional misguided leaf and other flotsam and jetsam that finds it's way to earth in an RV Park. I on the other hand have absolutely no love for the peaceful tranquility of aimlessly wandering through the facility sweep, sweep, sweeping away the day.

Hence I think I'm in the market for something mechanized to replace the manual apparatus employed by my predecessor. The total area of the park is about 4 acres. Not all of it is asphalt or concrete, I'd say maybe 50% or 2 acres total. Everyone knows what an RV park looks like right? Roadways with intersecting parking spaces.

I'd sure enough appreciate some ideas, suggestion, guidance, tips. I'm thinking used or refurbished. I'm in southern Oregon.

Thanks

comsweep

RV Lot Sweeping

Post by comsweep » Mon May 14, 2007 1:01 pm

It depends on alot of different factors, also how often you want to do it. Alot of the RV parks I've been to use a tow behind model. Which is great for the once in a while person. Yet in Oregon we deal with a slight leaf and rain problem. Most of the RV Parks here hire sweeping company's to clean up 1 to 6 times a year, then just spot clean themselves.

I hope you luck on whatever you decide.

cnote

Re: Clueless person needs parking lot sweeper [I think]

Post by cnote » Wed May 23, 2007 12:00 pm

donander wrote:Hello all you sweeper fanatics! I have recently acquired an RV park or campground if you will. The previous operator apparently had an endless amount of free time on his hand and apparently walked every square foot, everyday with a broom and one of those dust pans on a stick [we use to call it "playing Disneyland"] and accordingly had no need for other arrangements to keep the asphalt driveways and concrete parking site pads clear of he not occasional misguided leaf and other flotsam and jetsam that finds it's way to earth in an RV Park. I on the other hand have absolutely no love for the peaceful tranquility of aimlessly wandering through the facility sweep, sweep, sweeping away the day.

Hence I think I'm in the market for something mechanized to replace the manual apparatus employed by my predecessor. The total area of the park is about 4 acres. Not all of it is asphalt or concrete, I'd say maybe 50% or 2 acres total. Everyone knows what an RV park looks like right? Roadways with intersecting parking spaces.

I'd sure enough appreciate some ideas, suggestion, guidance, tips. I'm thinking used or refurbished. I'm in southern Oregon.

Thanks
I may have the perfect machine for you and your new RV Park. Check out our web site www.victorysweepers.com and go to products and click on the T-500. If you have any questins please give me a call.
CHRIS NELSON

JNAV6256

he's right

Post by JNAV6256 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:56 pm

hey donader
he's right I have the dvd of that victory sweeper that thing has power
beyond belief, and would be perfect for what you do, you should
check it out, its a nice lil machine, and it picks up bricks like a paper
cup, very impressive piece of equipment, and you just scoop out the trash or dump it.............................................johnny

Return to “Start Here”