daily customers

Forum for anything to do with sales and marketing issues.

Moderators: Dwan, Karl Stauty, Tom_in_CA

grassguy123
Anti-Spam Number: 3

daily customers

Postby grassguy123 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:02 am

all my customers are weekly. mostly small businesses. which customers buy daily sweeping services.

i know a guy who only has to deal with 1 customer. they have 3 locations (daily) and makes 80k annually. i have to deal with 10 small customers that took me forever to close and i dont make anywhere near that.

Tom_in_CA
Forum Administrator
Anti-Spam Number: 1

Re: daily customers

Postby Tom_in_CA » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:48 am

The only ones that need nightly (7x p/week) service, are going to be the big busy shopping centers. And if you're in a competitive market, odds are, they're already bid super low. So it's going to be hard to solicit away based on price alone (ie.: enticing them to switch to a lower price you'd offer). You'd end up perhaps making nothing. And it's hard to solicit them away based on quality, because ...... with only a few exceptions, most property managers will go by the lowest price, despite the quality. They'll put up with corners skipped, grit and pebbles simply dragged around, and only papers picked up. Sediment buildups along the curbs, etc.... That's the climate here anyhow.

Oddly, if you were to ask the shopping center manager, at the time they'd call you out to come bid: "Does quality matter?" What do you think they're going to say? They'd say "OF COURSE". But you know what will happen: they'll take the lowest bid of the guy who flies through like a batt out of h*ck.

Maybe once in awhile, you'll find an upscale center who doesn't do that, but .... for most, this is the story.

Return to “Selling Your Services”