Need some Information

Ideas and discussions on how to best bid sweeping jobs.

Moderators: Dwan, Karl Stauty, Tom_in_CA

The Tackman
Anti-Spam Number: 3

Need some Information

Postby The Tackman » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:15 pm

Is there a particular website to find lettings for municpalities taking bids for street sweeping?

Tom_in_CA
Forum Administrator
Anti-Spam Number: 1

Re: Need some Information

Postby Tom_in_CA » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:39 am

I don't know about the state that you're in, but here in CA, we have what's called the "Builders Exchange". All such public bids go through here. However, to get their periodical (and to have access to their website), you have to be a paying member. That costs a few thousand per year. There's also web-sites dedicated to having nation-wide data-bases of the same info, but again, they're pay-websites.

The only other way I know of, is you'd have to go city-to-city, going to their procurement/bids pages, etc... I've also seen how some cities advertise in the legal section of the local newspapers, but those may only trigger for certain dollar amounts where legal posting is required. Plus you'd never know what day's paper, in what city, to need to watch, etc.... So you may be stuck having to subscribe to one of the bid-watch websites.

If someone knows another way, let us know! :)

Dwan
Forum Administrator
Anti-Spam Number: 1

Postby Dwan » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:30 pm

Here in Juneau, AK. you can get put on a bidders list. on that list you need to cover all the types of work you do. Then sit back and wait for the e-mails requesting city bids. Usually twice a year. late fall for plowing/sanding and late spring for sweeping/striping. These requests usually come in after your route has been established and you have to modify it to meet there needs. and of coarse it is low bid, little Davis bacon, lots of extra paperwork, and a real pain as you have to always work around parked cars, also there is a noise ordnance which does not allow work between 10:pm and 7:am.

Dwan

The Tackman
Anti-Spam Number: 3

Postby The Tackman » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:35 pm

Thanks for the replies to my question.

Return to “Bidding the Job”