Profit Margins

Ideas and discussions on how to best bid sweeping jobs.

Moderators: Dwan, Karl Stauty, Tom_in_CA

Patriot

Profit Margins

Postby Patriot » Mon May 01, 2006 9:49 am

Is there a targeted profit margin for air sweeping?

I realize that the higher the margin, the better, but is there a profit margin level that just makes the job not worth it?

Essentially, you won't do a job unless you can make a ???? profit margin?

Thanks for any information.

Dwan
Forum Administrator
Anti-Spam Number: 1

Postby Dwan » Mon May 01, 2006 4:14 pm

My profit margin must be at least 30% after all overhead and my wage is paid or it is not worth running any equipment. anything less I would make more money working for someone else.
Profit is all money left over that I could use to buy beer. It does not include money put away to replace equipment, pay book keeper, or pay for insurance. Profit is not needed to keep the co. in good standings or even used to invest back into the co. to make it grow. Profit is just like finding it laying on the ground.

Dwan

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Wed May 03, 2006 6:02 pm

My profit margin must be at least 30% after all overhead and my wage is paid or it is not worth running any equipment.

Do you mean that your profit margin must be at least 30% after overhead, wages paid to employees, and also you taking a cut?
Or do you mean just employee wages?

Dwan
Forum Administrator
Anti-Spam Number: 1

Postby Dwan » Wed May 03, 2006 8:20 pm

Patriot wrote:My profit margin must be at least 30% after all overhead and my wage is paid or it is not worth running any equipment.

Do you mean that your profit margin must be at least 30% after overhead, wages paid to employees, and also you taking a cut?
Or do you mean just employee wages?

I work in the business so I also get a wage and a good one at that. The business profit is above that.
My wage is not concedered profit.

Return to “Bidding the Job”