Fees To Charge for Lots

Ideas and discussions on how to best bid sweeping jobs.

Moderators: Dwan, Karl Stauty, Tom_in_CA

Tutianoburgante

Fees To Charge for Lots

Postby Tutianoburgante » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:51 am

Hello, we have been approached to lot sweep the parking lots that we maintain, could somene give us an idea what it would cost to clean a lot 2a. with no medians.
ThaNX

casselman

Re: Fees To Charge for Lots

Postby casselman » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:02 pm

I would charge 800 dollars.

Dwan
Forum Administrator
Anti-Spam Number: 1

Postby Dwan » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:00 pm

Depends on how dirty it is, how often you will have to do it?
I do a 5 acre lot for $2000 for the first time cleanup each year, 1 visit. Takes around 18 hours to complete.
The rest of the year I do the same lot 3 times a week for the same $2000 per month and it takes about 1 hour to do. That does not include cleaning out the sweeper when finished.

Tutianoburgante

Postby Tutianoburgante » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:37 am

They want it to be cleaned three times a week. It isn't to dirty. The pervious guys charged $75 per visist. SO that is $900 per month is this fair?

Dwan
Forum Administrator

Postby Dwan » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:43 am

Can you make a profit, pay your self a wage, and cover your overhead for that amount?
Hopfuly you will be on site for less then 1 hour for that price.

Tom_in_CA
Forum Administrator

Postby Tom_in_CA » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:37 am

For the small parking lot air sweepers (like Mr. Airs, and the smaller Shwarzes) I would pick an hourly rate of about $70 p/h at least, and just figure out how long it will take to do the job, and multiply through your hourly rate. Other factors will be travel time, curfews that allow or disallow you to combine it with other jobs on that geographic route, etc...

On a side note: 20+ yrs. ago we used to set $50 p/h as our aim to get on our routes, with travel included in that. As you can see, this hasn't kept up with inflation :roll: Competitors still keep low-balling each other, lowering their quality to justify the speed jobs, skipping corners and alleys unless they get a complaint, etc.... In my area, I see shopping centers that I used to sweep 7x p/week, 20+ yrs. ago, for $1500.00 p/month. TODAY, they STILL get only that much! And if any competitors in any given city try to stop the madness by talking to their competitors and saying "let's stop this foolishness and start treating each other's jobs with professional courtesy, and do the job for what it's worth", you would get snared for collusion, rigging, etc... Hence the foolishness just continues :( That's why I got out of the parking lot small air sweeps, and strictly do big broom (const., paving, etc...) sweepers now.

Return to “Bidding the Job”