Bids-a-lot Software

Ideas and discussions on how to best bid sweeping jobs.

Moderators: Dwan, Karl Stauty, Tom_in_CA

pOliva
Anti-Spam Number: 1

Bids-a-lot Software

Postby pOliva » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:36 pm

Is anyone using this software? And does anyone have any reviews on it? How good is it at providing bids? Thank for any help.

comsweep

Bids A Lot

Postby comsweep » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:07 pm

We use it. It's not a bad way to do bids. If you play with the quality and pricing areas in it you can get really close. Its faster for me in my head. After almost 12 years of this I hope I can do it. But the software is pretty good. Its one of the best bidding programs on the market. Our General Manager loves it. Helps him break it down alittle more for the clients.

pOliva

Postby pOliva » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:05 pm

Thanks for the input comsweep. Im just starting out, and hopefully this program can be a real help to me.

RoadCleaner

Postby RoadCleaner » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:43 pm

We've tried using this program and I have to tell you.
It does'nt really give us an accurate figure everytime. It's extremely low to be honest with you. We're pretty new with it as well. So, maybe we haven't got the hang of it yet. Any advice?

comsweep

Bids alot

Postby comsweep » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:38 am

You have to play with the quality and pricing areas. We change them around for Muni, Parking, Construction and 1 time sweeps. Once you learn the #'s in the quality and pricing area it's pretty easy. If you don't play with it then it's so low you will lose money.

danielg86
Anti-Spam Number: 3

Re: Bids-a-lot Software

Postby danielg86 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:19 pm

How does bids a lot compare to quickbooks? I heard bids a lot was not very good any clarification? is there a way to try it out free?

Return to “Bidding the Job”