Event Sweeping

Ideas and discussions on how to best bid sweeping jobs.

Moderators: Dwan, Karl Stauty, Tom_in_CA

Patriot

Event Sweeping

Postby Patriot » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:57 pm

I could've sworn there was an article here about event sweeping.

Anyway's any tips on event sweeping?

I'd appreciate them.

danielg86
Anti-Spam Number: 3

Re: Event Sweeping

Postby danielg86 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:23 pm

I'm really interested in event sweeping. I suspect it is high margin because it's a one shot deal. I've considered approaching facilities managers at large event centers like oracle Arena in Oakland, CA; but I'm not certain whether it's better to pursue the promoter or the facilities hosting the event. Any idea who manages vendors for that kind of thing? I'm sure it must be a little of both, because big productions have a lot of stuff to move around...

Tom_in_CA
Forum Administrator
Anti-Spam Number: 1

Re: Event Sweeping

Postby Tom_in_CA » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:40 am

My experience in things like this, is that it's the promoter (whomever rented the facility for a concert, race, event, or whatever) is responsible for turning it back over to the city, county, state, or whomever, in the same condition as they got it in.

But of course, that's not to say that the owner of the facility might not also need sweeper service in the course of general maintenance. So for example, if they are about to rent the stadium, or park, or blocks-of-city-street, or whatever it is to some entity, the entity can say "there's grit and gravel, it's not clean", and thus the owner might sometimes call a sweeper to do a pre-cleanup. In that case, it's the owner who's doing it. Naturally, they will expect it to be just-as-clean when the event is over, as a condition of contract :)

So you should find out who does these concerts, flea markets, street faires, festivals, races, or whatever it is going on, and find a way to market to them.

JMHO

Return to “Bidding the Job”