Wal-Mart?

Ideas and discussions on how to best bid sweeping jobs.

Moderators: Dwan, Karl Stauty, Tom_in_CA

pOliva
Anti-Spam Number: 1

Wal-Mart?

Postby pOliva » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:20 am

Does Wal-Mart require a vendor number to do their lots, or is it just recomended to have one? Is anyone doing them w/o one?

Dwan
Forum Administrator

Postby Dwan » Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:42 am

The require on but they are also the one that gives it to you.

Most Wall Marts go through a NSP. (National Service Provider).

crp1983

walmart vendor

Postby crp1983 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:09 pm

Yes they require a vender number,Liability insurance on all equipment used.It takes around 1 to three months to obtain this you will not be paid until approved as vender.They are in control hope that helps! Its all up to the manager they push it through.

Dwan
Forum Administrator

Postby Dwan » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:05 pm

I did some work for a new WW here last September and just got paid last week. They are very well known for holding back payments. If you work for them make it worth your while.

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:10 am

IM NOT SUE BUT ALL I CAN SAY IS IVE BEEN DOING WALMARTS IN MASS FOR 6 YEARS AND I HATE THEM

casselman

Re: Wal-Mart?

Postby casselman » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:06 pm

How much do you get for a wallmart in the US

Dwan
Forum Administrator

Postby Dwan » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:53 pm

I have heard pricing anyware from $25 per visit to $375.00 per visit. a lot depends on the area you live in and your competition. Also on what you offer for your service. (blowing sidewalks, emptying trash, pickup litter on green areas etc.) along with time spent on the job, number of times a week you clean, and what you feel you are worth.

Leviduncan

Postby Leviduncan » Sat May 16, 2009 10:49 am

I take care of my local walmart through a Sub Contractor I pay him 125 per visit 3 x a week 1500 a month

RoadWarrior
Anti-Spam Number: 3

Postby RoadWarrior » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:47 pm

Hate walmarts and how they treat sweeping companies. Friends in the industry have told me about how they try to get every second out of your X hours on the yard X amount of days. I have even herd of them making parking lot security riding around in golf carts showing where trash has just blown onto the yard and how you are doing a bad job. They treat you poorly, avoid paying you if possible, and always keep you on a leash by threatening to switch for another company that has a lower bid and quality. I'd stay away from walmart if possible. A lot of other properties depends a lot of the property manager (If they are local) or the Store managers (their input to the property manager).

Return to “Bidding the Job”